Are you an Art Student? We would like to offer you a paid gig (when available, see below for current needs).
Art Request Updates
OFFER "Purple Rain Sprinkles"
is an original e-book, a fan fic, based on these beings: https://creatures.wiki/Creatchi
. We invite artists to provide art for each chapter title page.
- You would need to read the story, or a chapter, and choose a chapter title page that you are interested in providing artwork for. We are looking for a variety of art styles. This invitation for art is open to ALL AGES. Providing art does not mean we will automatically accept the art.
- If you do not understand these specs, that's ok, send us the art that you have. ---> The specs for this are easy, we will need an 800px x 530px .jpg image at 72 dpi. We will not require the .psd nor any source files, only the .jpg. Once you choose a chapter title page that you are interested in, email us email@example.com, and let us know which chapter, so that we can be sure multiple artists are not spending time on the same chapter.
Chapter title page art that artists are currently working on:
- Chapter 2 Getting to Know You
- Chapter 13 Arrival
- Chapter 37 PresentationSo, the chapters are pretty wide open!
- Concepts: chapter title page art should not give away any "surprise" in the chapter. So if the chapter "reveals" something in the story, we do not want the chapter title page image to "spoil" that surprise. The chapter title page does not even have to show a scene from the chapter. For example, in a Winnie the Pooh book, a chapter title page might simply be the image of Piglet, or a flower from the forest, just something related to the chapter and not necessarily recreating any scene in the chapter itself.
- The book is here.
- Once you send us your art, we'll let you know if it is acceptable, and offer an amount of money to license the art to use it on the story page. Feel free to send a watermarked version (if you know how). If you accept the amount offered, we pay you, and we use the art. Simple.
Email art to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CREDIT - credit can be given in two ways: your name (or "Mommatown handle") on the page that displays your art and/or a free spot on our Contributor Mentions page here. The page will be a linkable reference (such as this example) you can put on your artist portfolio proving that a customer has bought art from you. This is just a part of our efforts to help you in your artistry career. Enjoy.
we are developing our "badge" library now. "Badges" will be used to "reward" kids when they complete an activity, maybe get to a higher level in a math game, win a contest, complete reading an on-line book, and so forth. We are currently coding the functionality of our badge system, and once we define the required sizes/shapes/types of badges, we'll be posting a request here to ask for badge artists to contribute their skill to this need. We will be looking for a variety of badge styles. We'll explain more later. We have this item listed as the second item on this page because we will have an extensive badge library and will hire several artists to provide badge sets in the future.
NOTICE: We have posted the completed story "Purple Rain Sprinkles", and as a child reads through this book, they will get a "badge" once they read each quarter of the book. We will be asking for badge art for this book, and will post the criteria for the badge art soon. For this artwork, we will be asking for four badge art pieces from one artist, in order to keep the art style consistent.
Activities are interactive art panels that offer mouseover texts, or mouseover movement, or uncovered pieces of art, or sequential art, that help teach in an interactive way, about some concept. We will create a few of these ourselves, so that when we ask for a piece such as this from our artists, you can see an example of the work in order to better understand the art request offer.
NOTICE: we will soon be looking for a piece of art that is showing the cross section of a volcano as it erupts. It will have magma, lava, a pyrotechnic blast, and surrounding vegetation and animals in the scene. It will be an art piece that will help explain the anatomy of a volcano and what happens during eruption. Stay tuned for more details as we solidify how we want this one to work.
we are ok with our avatar library for now. In the future, we will need more. Check back later.
There will be more art needs as we get rolling. Everything from contests
, to web games
, story characters
and educational activities
will require artwork. We plan on allowing students to provide most of this art content, to encourage their talent, to encourage their drive to create, and to encourage their hopes for professional work. We pay for all artwork provided to us.
only use artwork provided by Mommatown staff.
What is "the catch" you ask? We ask for art, according to our guidelines, we mention you on our Artist Mentions page, if you wish, and we attempt to post engaging content that helps kids learn and love learning. We hope there is no "catch". How does this site make money? This site was created to "give back" to the community. It will make no money for a long time, and if in the future it does make a cent, the money aspect of this site will not be a driving force, nor the purpose of its existence. Meaning, the site is not made to reap a large profit, and if profit is made, it will be a nice surprise! This is our hobby, our give back and we want this site to bless many.